Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Rava fried Kingfish



Photo by Amit Agni
Ingredients:
1 piece of kingfish
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (Haldi)
1 tsp red chilly powder
Rava/Semolina (just enough to coat the kingfish)
Salt to taste
2 tbsp oil for shallow fry
Method:
Wash the kingfish and pat dry.
Marinate the kingfish nicely with salt for half an hour. I usually keep it for an hr. By doing so, the fish will get a salty flavour even after it is washed.
Wash it again. 
Make a mixture of little salt,chilly powder, and haldi and apply it evenly on the kingfish. 
Coat it with rava.
Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the fish. 
Serve it with steamed rice.
 Tips!!
For more flavour I also add 1tsp of tandoori masala.
Photo by Amit Agni




2 comments:

  1. He he!  I was pleased to see a Bachelor's Cooking section on your blog - something that is rarely seen elsewhere unless specifically searched for. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am glad you liked it. I hope to add some more recipes in this section in the coming months. I have many bachelor friends so thought this might be of some help to them:)

      Delete

Please write your suggestions and feedback here.